What the training teaches
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass/arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
As a result of the Y12SR Leadership training, there are now 12-step recovery based yoga classes held all over the United States. Want to find a leader in your area? Our list of certified leaders is here.
Upcoming Leadership Trainings
SoulSpace Yoga & Wleeness
August 22-24, 2014
26-28 West Main St., 2d floor, Plantsville, CT 06479
CITYOGA School of Yoga & Health
October 3-5, 2014
2442 Central Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46205
Uptown Yoga Lakewood
October 10-12, 2014
7330 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75214
November 21-23, 2014
424 E Elm Street, Conshohocken PA 19428
Body Grace Fitness & Yoga
December 5-7, 2014
215 Mill St. N.E., Vienna, VA 22180
March 6-8, 2015
219 Oberlin Road, Raleigh NC 27605