The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery Leadership Training
Teaches participants the tools to offer weekly Yoga of 12-Step Recovery classes in their communities.
To be fully qualified to host Y12SR meetings you must complete both the Intensive as well as the Leadership Training.
What the training teaches
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass/arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
As a result of the Y12SR Leadership training, there are now 12-step recovery based yoga classes held all over the United States. Want to find a leader in your area? Our list of certified leaders is here.
Upcoming Leadership Trainings
July 11-13, 2014
1705 N. College Ave., Bloomington, IN 47404
July 18-20, 2014
6717 Valmont Rd. Boulder, CO 80301
September 12-14, 2014
817 Chapel St #2f, New Haven, CT 06510
October 3-5, 2014
2442 Central Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46205
October 10-12, 2014
7330 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75214