What the training teaches
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass/arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
As a result of the Y12SR Leadership training, there are now 12-step recovery based yoga classes held all over the United States. Want to find a leader in your area? Our list of certified leaders is here.
Upcoming Leadership Trainings
November 21-23, 2014
424 E Elm Street, Conshohocken PA 19428
Body Grace Fitness & Yoga
December 5-7, 2014
215 Mill St. N.E., Vienna, VA 22180
Nirvana Wellness and Yoga Center
January 16-18, 2015
321 Changebridge Rd, Montville, NJ 07045
Mindful Turtle Yoga and Wellness
February 27 – March 1, 2015
1111 Route 25A, Stony Brook, NY 11790
March 6-8, 2015
219 Oberlin Road, Raleigh NC 27605
Evolve Yoga and Massage
March 13-15, 2015
223 1st Ave, Kent, WA 98032
CITYOGA School of Yoga & Health
March 20-22, 2015
2442 Central Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46205
The Boiler House
April 2-5, 2015
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 2BA, United Kingdom
+44 1284 777155
Yoga For Life
April 10-12, 2015
190 – 1 Belle Meade Road, Setauket, New York 11733
April 24-26, 2015
2861 Lynnhaven Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23451